Is fibromyalgia considered to be an autoimmune or viral disease or related to neurotransmitters?

Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is an "energy crisis" disorder. It is due to numerous underlying disorders that lead to depletion of energy stores in the muscles. Therefore, these disorders can include hormone depletion, nutrient depletion, poor sleep, viruses and other infections, clotting disorders, depletion of neurotransmitters. Autoimmune disorders may have a similar set of issues.
Unknown. Autoimmune factors have never been shown to my knowledge in fibromyalgia although certain conditions like hepatitis can produce fibro symptoms. There have been some studies showing low levels of serotonin and higher levels of substance p in some with fibromyalgia but this is not universal. Various viral factors have been implicated but as of 2012 there is no clear answer on this either.