I would like to start smoking marijuana to ease my fibromyalgia pain. How can I do this legally?

Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Meds for Fibro

Marijuana is not the treatment of choice for chronic pain.
The first job is to identify the source of the pain and repair the problem. Some people, however, get into some chronic pain issues and need treatment for such. There is a prescription medication, marinol, that contains the THC found in marijuana. It can be helpful in select cases. Legal marijuana at this point is still sketchy!

In brief: Meds for Fibro

Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
3 comments
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Cannibinoids, which marijuana contain, are facinating compounds which may hold great promise in the future for helping a whole host of medical problems, however inhaling these through marijuna smoke is dangerous, addictive and really has nothing to do with "medicine" digitalis, a heart drug, comes from a plant called fox glove, yet physicians don't recommend eating that plant. See my point.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
The word addiction has a specific medical definition. Cannabis has never been shown to be addictive, although it can cause dependency. Although one study purported to show an increased incidence of lung cancer, the author later recanted and confessed to fabricated data.
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: NOT RECOMMENDED

While marijuana may transiently reduce fm pain, it often worsens other fibromyalgia symptoms like fatigue and cognitive dysfunction ("fibrofog").
Also, marijuana causes lung disease and cancer. Finally, toxins in marijuana can worsen symptoms. There are many legal treatments for fm that are better.

In brief: NOT RECOMMENDED

Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Chad Boomershine