Can massage therapy help fibromyalgia?

Not the way you mean. Fibromyalgia is a brain problem, not a joint, muscle, tendon or bursa problem. Massage doesn't "help" fibromyalgia the way it may help muscular soreness after vigorous exertion. The pleasurable sensation merely acts as a counter-sensation to fibromyalgia & is only temporary. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition with no "cure," only symptomatic treatment at the neurochemical level,
Yes. Massage therapy can be a helpful treatment for the pain associated with fibromyalgia although in my opinion it should not be the only thing. One problem with massage is it is a "passive" therapy meaning someone does something to you to help you feel better. I find when people take an active role in treating their fibromyalgia and do not rely on others to "fix" them they do better in the long run.