Im a stage 3 breast cancer patient every how many months shall I have my xray . Liver ultrsound , breast ultrasound and bone scan ?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: D/w your MD

There is no one glove fits all.
Everything is individualized. However, technically speaking , when you are done with your therapy - you still need to have annual mammogram. No regular screening test needs to be done- if you are asymptomatic. Ct scan or bone scan can be ordered if you have symptoms-as per your doctor discretion. Regular follow up, basic blood work and annual mammo-all you need.

In brief: D/w your MD

There is no one glove fits all.
Dr. Ed Kaplan

In brief: Individualized

No specific guidelines.
I don't routinely get scans. I do history and physical and lab tests (including tumor markers) regularly, depending on the patient and her disease features. If there is a new symptom or finding, scans will be obtained as appropriate.

In brief: Individualized

No specific guidelines.
Dr. Steven Ginsberg

In brief: See your doctor

You should be seen by your doctor at regular intervals, probably about every 2-3 months.
You and your doctor should develop a plan for what is called surveillance for the cancer that is acceptable to you.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Adam Levy