How can vbloc therapy affect the vagus nerve?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Electrically

An electrode is implanted that is hooked to a pulse generator and the nerve is stimulated.
Depending on where the electrode is placed and what the desired result is, this would be the end result. To my knowlege, vbloc is not available in the USA other than perhaps a research center under rigidly controlled experimental protocols. Interesting question, why do you ask?

In brief: Electrically

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Electrical impulse

To my understanding vbloc therapy is not available in th usa.
It may be in some centers under rigidly controlled experimental trials. Nerves conduct electrical impulses. If an external electrical nerve impulse generator is applied to a large nerve such as the vagus nerve, then it will cause that nerve to generate impulses in tune with the generator. Depending on the nerve, certain results occu.

In brief: Electrical impulse

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine