Can my diet while breastfeeding prevent my baby's allergies?

Dr. Robert Klein

In brief: No

The american academy of allergy asthma and immunology expert panel does not recommend restricting maternal diet during pregnancy or lactation as a strategy for preventing the development of food allergy.
There is insufficient evidence that maternal diet during pregnancy or lactation affects the development or clinical course of food allergy.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Klein
Dr. Robert Klein
Dr. Paul Cohen
Great answer!
Dr. Lawrence Rosen

In brief: No

Most current research does not support the idea that specific food avoidance can prevent food allergies in babies.
However, if you are sensitive or someone in your direct family is allergic to a specific food (i.e. Peanuts), it may make sense to wait til at least 1 year old to introduce this food.

In brief: No

Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Dr. Jane Van Dis