If I went to physical therapy for my rotator cuff, why is my neck hurting?

Dr. Michael Granberry
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Accessory muscles
When the shoulder muscles are not doing their job properly, the other muscles connected to the shoulder blade pitch in to help.
This activity is not normal to them and they complain.

In brief: Accessory muscles
Dr. Michael Granberry
Dr. Michael Granberry
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Perhaps 2 issues
You may have a secondary problem. You can have ticks and fleas! it could be that you aggrevated a neck problem in the therapy but neck issues can be confused with shoulder issues.
Get rechecked by your physician and therapist and discuss openly and frankly. Re-examination and further testing may be in order.

In brief: Perhaps 2 issues
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine