What are some natural therapies for sciatica?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Sciatica
Apply heat, alternating with cold to the back.
Hot soaks, massage. Gentle exercises. Avoid back strain and lifting . You can get medical advice from doctors who work in integrative and alternative therapy for more advice on natural therapy.

In brief: Sciatica
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Stretch
One of my favorite treatments for sciatica(as i tell all my affected patients) is as follows: lay on your bed on your tummy; and position the affected side as close to the edge of your bed as you can get.
Now simply allow your leg (not you!) to slide off; this will create gentle but effective traction on the pyriformis muscle which should relieve your sciatic nerve impingement.

In brief: Stretch
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Natural Therapies
Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance. Natural Therapies include Spine Injections that use non-steroidal medications.

In brief: Natural Therapies
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine