My mom has a ruptured disk and chronic back andd neck pain, does laser pain therapy work to help pain?

Treat back pain. Laser therapy can help, but it is often best to use to take a step wise approach to treating ruptured discs. First, try conservative treatments like Ibuprofen and back/neck stretching. If that does not help, often an epidural steroid injection will relieve the discomfort. There are other minimally invasive options. Most important, if your mom smokes, she should stop. Smoking makes pain worse.
No. There is no good evidence that "laser pain therapy" provides any greater relief than a placebo.