How long does it take for the numbness to go away after a wisdom teeth extraction?

Several hours. Normally, numbness after wisdom teeth extractions goes away. In 2-6 hours. In rare cases, the nerves in the area may have been involved and compressed diuring the surgery in which case there may be some residual numbness that may linger for days or weeks. If you have this complication after extractions, see your treating dentist and he will carefully assess your condition and advise you.
A few hours. Or else you have a problem. If the numbness does not resolve in 4 or 5 hours you have cause to worry. If it lasts more than a day then you need emergency help to repair your nerve asap. The normal numbness is that of a regular injection lasting 4 hours or so. If it lasts longer than 6 hours call and contact the dentist and/or go to another dentist to see if there is nerve damage. Urgent!