I recently had clavical surgery and now I have neck pain, what can I do?

Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Therapy

The neck and shoulder are connected by several muscle groups and it's not uncommon to have pain in the neck after shoulder surgery and vice versa.
Once you have healed from surgery you can start physical therapy to work on improving your range of motion, strength, and posture. This should improve the pain.

In brief: Therapy

Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Karl Haake
Anesthesiology

In brief: See surgeon

Pain after surgery can occur. It is best to have a follow up appointment with the surgeon who performed your surgery.
You might need physical therapy. Sometimes after an injury, you use muscles in different ways and they can be become sore. Physical therapy will help you to "re-train" your muscles so that they are being used correctly.

In brief: See surgeon

Dr. Karl Haake
Dr. Karl Haake
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery