After getting a filling, i'm feeling pain in my other teeth. Is this normal and what can I do?

Dr. Kenneth Comer
Dentistry

In brief: Occlusion

Typically this is caused by the filling needing to be adjusted.
The way the teeth fit together will cause this. A simple .5 minute adjustment will usually fix this.

In brief: Occlusion

Dr. Kenneth Comer
Dr. Kenneth Comer
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Can be normal

Having a procedure on a tooth can cause the adjacent teeth to be sensitive.
This is because the teeth are innervated by the same nerve. If the nerve becomes sensitive, then it is possible to have pain that radiates to the adjacent teeth or along the jaw.

In brief: Can be normal

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Different metals

You could have an infection or the filling could be too 'high' causing you to bite too hard.
In rare cases if your filling is 'silver' next to a gold or nickel crown, you could be having a galvanic reaction. The teeth surrounding the filling may hurt or feel tiny electrical shocks. Have your dentist evaluate your filling and you should be feeling great in no time!

In brief: Different metals

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams

In brief: Your bite

It could be that your filling is minutely high.
This will cause pain in the ligaments of your other teeth, and cause you to feel pain when biting down. Your dentist can adjust this very easily. Call your dentist asap with your concerns, and take care..

In brief: Your bite

Dr. Marguerite Myers
Dr. Marguerite Myers
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Sometimes

The pain that you are feeling might be related to the bite, other teeth being sensitized from the cold water or air as a result of the procedure, referred pain, or even another tooth acting up coincidentally.
I suggest that you call your dentist, explain the problem and request that they see you just to check things out and see what can be done to alleviate your discomfort.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Cindy Juster