What can I do to stop or slow down my rate of nearsightedness?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Little works

Nearsighted will progress through the teens and twenties.
It would be unusual to have it progress in the 40's. Do you mean the difficulty you are having with near vision at your age? This is called presbyopia and is due to hardening of the lens. This cannot be stopped but there are many ways to correct it.

In brief: Little works

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Andrew Dahl
Ophthalmology

In brief: Please clarify

It is unusual to have progressive nearsightedness (myopia) in a 45 year old.
This is usually due to changes in the lenses of both eyes. Progressive nearsightedness means that you are having more and more trouble seeing far away. Progressive reading difficulties in a 45 year old is by far more common and due to a natural condition called presbyopia.

In brief: Please clarify

Dr. Andrew Dahl
Dr. Andrew Dahl
Dr. Marsha Davis