Can I take iron supplements while breastfeeding?

Yes. You should definitely continue to take iron supplements while breastfeeding. Breast milk has tremendous nutritional and immunologic value for infants, but the iron content may be insufficient as the infant grows. To make sure that both your baby and you have adequate iron for health blood production, you should typically continue your prenatal vitamins while lactating.
Yes. If a breastfeeding woman was advised by her doctor to take iron supplements to improve her own iron levels, then it is fine for her to take the iron while breastfeeding.
Yes. You'll probably need to; you gave a lot of your iron to the baby during pregnancy, lost some with perinatal bleeding, and are still giving it in breast milk.