What alternative therapies may help relieve arthritis pain?

Dr. Janet Kail
Podiatry
In brief: Acupuncture/herbs
One alternative therapy is found in traditional chinese medicine.
This would consist of acupuncture therapy and the use of chinese medical herbs. If you choose this route make sure you do your research to make certain the practitioner is certified and licensed in your area. In the us this varies from state to state. Some states allow doctors of oriental medicine (dom) to practice.

In brief: Acupuncture/herbs
Dr. Janet Kail
Dr. Janet Kail
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Many good options
A very wide variety of alternative therapies can relieve arthritis pain, including diet (for example avoiding nightshade family foods may help), natural anti-inflammatories like fish oil, boswellia & curcumin, acupuncture, homeopathy, relaxation techniques, yoga, massage therapy, appropriate exercises, therapeutic magnets etc.
More info at http://arthritistrust.Org/menu_list/articlesimportant.Html.

In brief: Many good options
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Agree, turmeric is another spice proven to have anti-inflammatory properties
In brief: Acupuncture
I agree with dr. Baker and dr. Kale.
I wanted to focus on acupuncture. Although it will not cure the underlying arthritis - it can be very effective in v'ing inflammation & pain & ^'ing circulation of blood, lymph, qi & nerve conduction. It does not have the side effects of many medications that are used to treat arthritis. Take care.

In brief: Acupuncture
I agree with dr. Baker and dr. Kale.
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine