Is running on a treadmill bad for me if I tore my ACL a year ago?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Not necessarily
As long as you have rehabed the musclesof your thighs (quads and hamstrings) running should not be a problem. Elliptical machines and bicycles may feel better though.
If choosing to cycle, make sure the seat is adjusted propely - leg should almost fully extend when pedal is down, but the knee should not ever lock.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Daniel Hampton
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: ACL Tear
Running on a treadmill in a straight line should be okay with an acl injury.
If there are other injuries in the knee from when the acl was torn, these may be worsened by running.

In brief: ACL Tear
Dr. Daniel Hampton
Dr. Daniel Hampton
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine