Aspergers signs? Son 7 was tested for dyslexia at scottish rite and research has lead me to aspergers. Repetative behaviors, rigid thinking, few frien

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: To find out if it is

You & his teacher can fill out the australian scale for aspergers in children for your pediatrician ( see tony attwood & o.
A.S.I.S.Org, ) but it's not specific for asperger's. He needs evaluations by a neuropsychologist, developmental/behavioral pediatrician, et al in a specialty clinic to diagnose an autistic disorder. They'll need all reports from doctors, schools, slt & extensive history.

In brief: To find out if it is

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Jenny Sung

In brief: Possibly

What you described do fit with asperger's and ASD (autism spectrum disorders).
Typically, someone w/ asperger's is of normal intelligence, has intense interests in few areas (usually concerete things, facts, stats) socially "awkard" and don't get social cues (tone of voice, body language). Your son's physician can refer him to a deveopmental specialist to help make the diagnosis.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jenny Sung
Dr. Jenny Sung
Dr. Eric Weisman