Are there benefits in having knee arthroscopic surgery for arthritis?

Possibly. There was a studydone in texas a few years ago that suggested that arthroscopy forknee problems was not more effective than placebo.Having said that I have seen people improve as well as no improvement after arthroscopy. If there is a clear cut meniscus tear, arthroscopy can be helpful. If there is generalized arthritis, i feel it is less likely to be helpful . Others may have a different opinion.
Yes. If there is torn cartilage or mechanical symptoms, arthroscopy can sometimes be helpful. Whether it is effective for general arthritic symptoms is controversial.