My hands are numb, is it a good idea to go to the ER or should I wait until monday to see my usual doctor for potential hand nerve damage?

Dr. Clayton Peimer
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Your doctor unless..
Acute onset numbness never before present is associated with injury and should be evaluated and treated soon.
Worsening of chronic numbness to "complete" is unusual and related to having ignored the long-standing problem. The er is for emergencies; you should rest, elevate, and take antiinflammatory meds until you see your doctor.

In brief: Your doctor unless..
Dr. Clayton Peimer
Dr. Clayton Peimer
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Go to ER
If this happened suddenly and without any precipitating identifiable cause, i would go to the er. There are a variety of benign explanations possibly explaining this including hyperventilation but there are some potential serious causes, so why chance it?

In brief: Go to ER
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik