I have a buckle fracture in my right wrist. What are my treatment options?

Dr. Tim Schrader
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Splint or cast

Treatment for a buckle fracture is dependent on age, activity level and comfort level.
Younger children tend to be treated in a cast. Older children can be treated in a splint. A true "buckle" fracture should not require manipulation or surgery.

In brief: Splint or cast

Dr. Tim Schrader
Dr. Tim Schrader
Dr. Eon Shin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Cast or splint

For the most part, buckle fractures are minimally displaced fractures that can be treated conservatively (e.
g. Non-surgically). Casting or splinting is the usual approach for these injuries.

In brief: Cast or splint

Dr. Eon Shin
Dr. Eon Shin
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine