Is it normal to feel sad that people ask about the baby all the time and not me?

Dr. Joseph Valenti

I don't think you should in any way feel "jealous" of the attention your baby is getting.
Its just natural for people to feel excited about a new person.

Dr. Joseph Valenti
Dr. Joseph Valenti
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: It's understandable.

After all, for about nine months the focus has been on mom, now the baby bump isn't cute, it's gone and the cute baby is there instead.
For nine months it has been "how are you doing, mom?" and now it's "how's the baby?" that is a little sad at first , isn't it?, and normal too. Understanding that can go a long way toward turning that sadness into joy. If it doesn't, you should talk to your doctor.

In brief: It's understandable.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Jonathan Jassey