I have a scaphoid fracture, but I am starting to get numbness in my thumb. What can I do?

Get your doc to eval. You should not have numbness as a result of a scaphoid fracture. Did you have surgery or is the splint/cast on too tight? Could be early carpal tunnel syndrome as a result of the swelling from the fracture.
Scaphoid fracture. Numbness may be the result of awkward positioning or a tight cast or splint. If present contact your doctor for instructions re: loosening the cast or splint. Sometimes people can develop carpal tunnel syndrome following an injury. Rarely direct nerve injury from several causes may be the culprit. Discuss your symptoms with your treating physician for proper evaluation and treatment.
See your doctor. Swelling from scaphoid fractures, combined with casting/splinting, can pinch nerves causing your symptoms. Sometimes it takes modification of the splint/cast and/or better elevation to take the pressure off the nerve.