How long do you need a cast for scaphoid fracture?

Until healed. This bone is very finicky. Everbody is differrent and should be monitored for healing. Younger patients heal faster. Proximal scaphoid fracture heal slowly and may need surgery. See your doc if you have persistent wrist pain after an injury.
8-10 weeks. It depends on the type of scaphoid fracture. The most common type, a waist fracture, generally heals in 8-10 weeks, but it can be longer in smokers and diabetics. If the fracture is not well-aligned, though, you may require surgery to get the fracture to heal. Make sure you see an orthopaedic surgeon about this injury.