How can you to prevent rsi on the hand (repetitive stress injury)?

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Avoid it

All activities should be started gradually just like a sport or exercise.
Too much too fast will lead to injury. Be sure to take breaks to rest. If your hand can't take the stress of the job, best to look for different job.

In brief: Avoid it

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Wrapping - MLD/CDT

I had a fire fighter who we used Lidocaine patch to the rsi area and applied calamine soaked gauze (unna boots) as strips, webril and strechnet and applied ace wrap in the morning and removed at night.
The hypersensitivity went away in 1 week, pain in three weeks and the local tissue swelling and other symptoms in 3 months. He went back to work - the above is called complex decongestive therapy.

In brief: Wrapping - MLD/CDT

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine