I think i might have a salivary gland infection. How can I tell and what should I do?

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Swelling

Usually, you will have some swelling of the infected gland, maybe a bad taste and pain in the area.
Fevers are uncommon. Often the swelling of the gland will smaller and larger around mealtimes.

In brief: Swelling

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: See an Oral Surgeon

We are not able to tell you how to diagnose yourself over the internet.
See an oral surgeon to determine what you have and what treatment would be appropriate.

In brief: See an Oral Surgeon

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: See Dentist

Swelling and tenderness on pressing the saliva gland or pus coming from the gland opening are signs of saliva gland infection.
See your dentist for diagnosis and treatment options.

In brief: See Dentist

Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dr. Simon Rosenberg