I broke my fifth metacarpal and my ulna. Can doctors fix both at the same time?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
Unless there are factors we don't know about (infection, etc), both should be able to be fixed at the same time.

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery
Both fractures you mention can and should be treated at the same time.
Treatment may include temporary immobilization in a cast/splint, bone setting, surgery or a combination of all three. The goal is to get the fractures to heal in the best position possible to reduce long term problems and promote early motion exercises in order to get you back in the game as quickly as possible.

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Ulna and fifth mc fx
can certainly be fixed at the same time if indicated.
Fixation of bone is used to improve and hold position, allow early mobilization and stabilize bones that are not stable enough with casting or pinning closed.

In brief: Ulna and fifth mc fx
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Darryl Blinski
It depends on the degree and angulation of the fractures. Only X-ray of arm/hand will allow the determination of surgery...
Dr. Andrea Brand