My lower teeth feel like they are shifting. What are probable causes?

Dr. Kevin Hanley
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Natural movement

Teeth move around all the time.
They move back and forth, up and down in their sockets during chewing. If they are moving more than this, it may be due to periodontal disease where the bone surrounding the teeth is being resorbed. As teeth lose their support, they can move more pathologically. I recommend you go to your dentist for a complete exam to check your bone levels.

In brief: Natural movement

Teeth move around all the time.
Dr. Kevin Hanley
Dr. Kevin Hanley
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Bruxism & Clenching

are dysfunctional habits that have the ability to cause harm and movement to your teeth.
See your dentist for evaluation and night guard fabrication.

In brief: Bruxism & Clenching

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Periodontitis

For a person your age, periodontitis (gum disease) could be the culprit.
Have you been to a dentist recently for an exam and cleaning? If not, now is the time to call. You don't want to loose your teeth, and if left untreated, periodontal problems will destroy the bony support of your teeth.

In brief: Periodontitis

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Teeth move

Teeth move. May be due to missing teeth, periodontal problems,, clenching or other problems.
See dentist for evaluation.

In brief: Teeth move

See dentist for evaluation.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Cindy Juster