What is the most common anesthesia used during a wisdom teeth extraction procedure?

Talk to Dentist. Most teeth extractions can be done under local anesthesia with a cooperative patient. If there are especially impacted teeth then some sedation might be indicated. I don't even remember the procedure after a little dose of valium. If you have concerns please contact your dentist and discuss these fears with him. Good luck.
Lidocaine. Is probably the most commonly used dental anesthetic. Often a Marcaine block after the extraction will also be administered to keep you numb for a longer period of time to help deal with the immediate post op pain.
IV sedation. Iv sedation is very common and safe. The procedure goes very smooth and easy if under IV sedation.
Sedation. Approximately 80-90% of patients in my practice choose IV sedation or general anesthesia for this procedure. This is surgery, not dental fillings, so the experience is quite different.