What does it mean when the back of my hand starts to hurt?

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
In brief: Pain
That could mean a lot of things.
It could be a nerve entrapment, muscle spasm or it may be related to the bony structures of your hand. Have it checked if you are having it for a long time already.

In brief: Pain
That could mean a lot of things.
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Many things
This reminds me of the old joke, "doctor, it hurts when I do this.
" "then stop doing this!" seriously, it could mean anything from a temporary strain/bruise to arthritis to infection to nerve damage. In order to sort out the cause, a doctor has to do a physical examination/tests to see what's up. See your doc if it lasts more than two weeks or is unusually severe.

In brief: Many things
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Keegan Duchicela