I had a tendon transfer in my hand a week ago. Is it normal to feel a burning sensation?

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Possibly

This could be normal post-operative pain, but f you have any concern of worsening or persistence of the sensation you should discuss it with your hand surgeon.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery

During surgery, it is common for small nerves to be stretched or even cut.
A temporary burning sensation can result while the nerve heals. In the early days/weeks after surgery, it is important to keep the limb elevated to reduce swelling, which can exacerbate pain. Anti-inflammatory medication can also help (clear with doctor(s) first). Prolonged periods of burning should be reported.

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Eric Weisman