My daughter has alagille syndrome and is covered in xanthomas.. Any tips on pretreating to try to minimize scarring from them?

Dr. James Ridgway
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Xanthomas

The xanthomas are fatty deposits in the skin and a result of the abnormally high levels of cholesterol in the blood, which occurs due to the disruptions in liver functioning.
In essence the liver (bile duct outlets) are the main issue. As a father of two girls, my heart and blessing go to you and your daughter. Kindest regards, james ridgway, md www.Larrabeecenter.Com.

In brief: Xanthomas

Dr. James Ridgway
Dr. James Ridgway
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Specialty care

This condition is rare, complex, and possibly life threatening.
Your daughter should be under the care of a specialized team of docs including liver, heart, eye, orthopedic, nutritional, and neurological doctors. These are usually found at a children's hospital. The xanthomas are a sign of the liver disease. Check with the liver doc about using extra fat soluble vitamins in her diet.

In brief: Specialty care

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Shontae Buffington