How does a doctor bandage your hand after carpel tunnel surgery?

Different strokes... For different hand surgeons. Some splint for a few days. I just use a soft wrap around the butt of the hand for 48 hrs. Then it can be removed and the hand washed normally. Stitches are removed at 10-14 days.
Light dressing. Typically, i employ a light bandage that allows for full movement about the wrist and fingers. Since the incisions for carpal tunnel surgery are so small, splints or casts are rarely necessary.