I cut my thumb and now it's numb. I know I did some nerve damage and wanted to know if it will ever heal?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hard to know

If just bruising of the nerve, it will heal.
If completely divided, it may or may not heal and you could develop a painful neuroma at the injury site. If you need nerve repair, it is best done within 3 weeks of the injury. See a hand surgeon!

In brief: Hard to know

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

Our body has tremendous capacity to heal I have seen some miracles which i never thought could heal.
If you prevent infection, take care of the wound bed, keep this clean this heals well. The one product i like for toes and fingers is called polymem toes and fingers you can just plug this on the area and the dressing itself cleans, takes away pain and heals, dressing can be left in place for 7 day.

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Eric Weisman