I broke my arm and now I can't open my right hand. Is there something wrong with my nerves?

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Could be stiff joint
If you have not been moving all your fingers and wrist, they may have gotten stiff.
If you can still fully move the fingers with your other hand, could be from nerve injury.

In brief: Could be stiff joint
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Broken arm
Could definitely be a nerve problem and you should get it checked out asap.
Many nerve problems are avoidable or treatable i.E a cast might be too tight or there is a hematoma (blood) pressing on a nerve that can be drained. Or maybe the fracture needs to be treated differently. Best of luck.

In brief: Broken arm
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
2 comments
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Volkman's contracture is another possibility. In either case you need to seek medical care immediately to avoid long term effects.
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Eric Weisman