Why do my arms and hands keep falling asleep? Could this be something serious?

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery
Your arms going to sleep could be due to a pinched nerve in your neck and may be treatable with some pt and meds.
I would get it checked out with your doc.

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Paresthesias
Tingling of the arms and hands can be something potentially serious.
Compression in the cervical spine area from lifting, carrying bags, or injury can put pressure on the nerves radiating from the neck. The nerves beyond the pressure do not react normally and fire erratically causing the tingling or paresthesia. If it is short-lived/ resolves, monitor it. If it becomes more persistent md review.

In brief: Paresthesias
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Peter Kurzweil