I cut my hand at work and now my thumb is numb. Do I have a nerve damage?

Possibly. Was the thumb numb immidiately after you cut it? Where on your thumb is it numb? Usually nerve damage causes only part of the thumb to be numb. For example a cut on the palm side of the thumb will make the tip of the thumb on one or both sides of the thumb feel numb but usually not the back of the thumb. If the whole thumb is numb it may be due to swelling. I would consult a hand surgeon.
Cannot tell immediat. Local tissue swelling will make you feel numb so it is tough to judge regarding nerve injury. Once the swelling subsides if there is weakness then it might be nerve injury. The one product i like for toes and fingers is called polymem toes and fingers you can just plug this on the area and the dressing itself cleans, takes away pain and heals, dressing can be left in place for 7 days.
Yes. The nerve damaged depends upon the part of the thumb which is numb and whether there is weakness associated. It could be the median nerve or superficial radial nerve. You doctor can check it out.