I am a female of age 29.I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and i was going to start the medical treatment today. Last night while i and my partner were having a sexual intercourse the condom broke. I am on my ovulation period. Can I use the emergen

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Emergency contracept

Yes there are several products available to be taken within 48 hours of possible pregnancy to attempt to prevent this.
Plan b, preven, or ulipristol (which can be effective up to 5 days after intercourse). Emergen is actually a vitamin supplement which is not likely to prevent pregnancy. Good luck.

In brief: Emergency contracept

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Jane Van Dis