My hands get stiff at night. What can I do?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Stiff hands

You may want to discuss with your primary care physician who may refer you to see a rheumatologist or a hand surgeon.
This sounds like arhtritis but this may be primary (from repetive use) or secondary to some other process rheumatoid, psoriasis, etc. Which should be treated.

In brief: Stiff hands

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Stretching exercises

Treatment for stiff hands depends on the cause, but may include stretching exercises for the joints and muscles, as well as modalities to help loosen the joints.
Anti-inflammatory medication can also help reduce symptoms. Adaptive strategies in the way the hand is used during the day may be helpful. See a hand surgeon for a comprehensive evaluation.

In brief: Stretching exercises

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Steven Seres