How long does it take for a fractured hand to heal so that I can lift weights again?

Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 6 weeks

Hand fractures generally take six weeks to heal.
I would avoid weight lifting until at least six weeks after your injury. Make sure you see an orthopaedic surgeon for a physical exam and x-rays to make sure your bone is healed before you return to weight lifting.

In brief: 6 weeks

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: When the bone heals

Once there is radiographic evidence of bone healing your doc will tell you when it is safe to begin to increase your activities including lifting weights.
Usually it will be with light weights until your strenth increases.

In brief: When the bone heals

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine