My husband found out that he has interstitial lung disease. What do I need to know about this disease?

ILD. This is a progressive disease. He needs to be seen by a lung specialist who can help control the progression of the disease. In some cases, it responds to medications, in others, it may even require a lung transplant.
Several types of ILD. There are many forms of interstitial lung disease which have differing treatments and long term outcomes. Please consult a lung specialist for complete work up and diagnosis so you can understand his disease and its related problems better.