Should I invite my children into the delivery room?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: See below
This is a somewhat cultural issue.
It is going to be a decision for you and your partner, but should also take into account the desires of the birthing place and your obstetrician. One point of view is that children might be in the way if there is a problem. Others might feel that this is a part of life that they should be exposed to. Good luck.

In brief: See below
This is a somewhat cultural issue.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
This is not a simple yes/no answer. It is obviously a personal decision.
My opinion is that brith has become too much of a spectator activity. I think it is an intimate experience that should be seen by mom and her significant other.

In brief: No
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham