I broke my wrist. My cast is off, but it still feels like it is badly sprained. What should I do?

Dr. Jay Pomerance
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Symptoms
This may not be unusual and may be within normal for your fracture.
Not all fractures are the same. You need to follow up with your doctor.

In brief: Symptoms
Dr. Jay Pomerance
Dr. Jay Pomerance
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Sprained after cast
Make sure you are healing properly under the guidance of your physician and follow instructions for exercise, pain medications and control of swelling.

In brief: Sprained after cast
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Discuss with your md
If the bone is fully healed, the pain is likely related to the stiffness, residual swelling, and weakness likely present.
It is not unusual for this to take several months to fully resolve. Working with a hand therapist is often very helpful, in combination with home exercises. If there is concern the bone hasn't healed adequately, discuss with your doctor.

In brief: Discuss with your md
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine