What is the best brand of toothpaste for sensitive gums and teeth?

Dr. Jeffrey Collura
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Personal choice

Try a few over time, the one that you like and works is best! sensors yen, crest, colgate are all good brands.
Ere are also prescription strength toothpastes that work well because they have higher Fluoride and a desensitizer (potassium nitrate). Ask your dentist about Fluoride varnishes after you cleanings as well.

In brief: Personal choice

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Depends who u ask

Over the counter anti-sensitivity toothpastes all contain 5% potassium nitrate.
So they are all the same. How ever professionally prescribed toothpastes such as renew, mi pate and others work better using a different mechanism try otc first.

In brief: Depends who u ask

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: No one standout

I have found that desensitizing toothpastes take a long time to work, if at all, & have limited efficacy.
That is not to say it may not be helpful for some patients under certain circumstances. I cannot say one brand is more effective than the others. Personally, I have found the most effective treatment to be chairside applied "gluma" brand desensitizer. Ask your own dentist what he\she suggests.

In brief: No one standout

Dr. David Padula
Dentistry

In brief: Teeth or Gums depend

The toothpastes that are useful for helping with tooth sensitivity that i personally like are the colgate brand sensitivity toothpastes.
Some do well with these and some like sensodyne brand products. Sensitive gums will generally improve with increased oral care and maintenance. You should have the current condition of your oral health evaluated in order to determine the causes of your problem.

In brief: Teeth or Gums depend

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: Several

Toothpaste makes brushing fun, but it really isn't that important.
I would select a major brand, and in the case of sensitive teeth, one with potassium nitrate in it. I use sensedyne or denquel.

In brief: Several

Dr. Vicken Poochikian