I had a minor fracture on the bone connecting my hand to my elbow. How long will it take to heal?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: About 6 weeks

It may take about 6-8 weeks but certain limited activities may be permitted under the supervision of your surgeon and therapist may be permitted.
However certain bones, namely the scaphoid, are notorious for their unusual blood supply and do not always heal predictably. Therefore close follow up by your physician is essential.

In brief: About 6 weeks

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 6-8 weeks

Most bones fractures heal in 6-8 weeks.
It is important that people with fractured bones maintain frequesnt followup with the doctor during the healing phase to make sure that the bones are healing in an appropriate position and that healing is taking place normally. Also to make sure that the rest of the arm remain mobile.

In brief: 6-8 weeks

Most bones fractures heal in 6-8 weeks.
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka