Is it a good idea to take time off of work after my hand surgery?

Dr. Bauback Safa
Surgery - Plastics

It is generally a good idea to minimize work with a hand that has been operated on.
The amount of time off is highly variable and depends on the procedure being performed and the demands of the job. I would check with your local hand surgeon regarding the specifics of the surgery.

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Work after surgery

It really depends upon what surgery you have, what your job is and what other factors there are such as realistically as much as we dont want to often admit the type of and duration of disability that exist in your workplace.

In brief: Work after surgery

Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

It depends on what kind of work and what kind of hand surgery.
Your surgeon will advise you as to how much time you will need off.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jack Hinkle