How many doctors will be in the operation room for a carpal tunnel surgery?

One or two or three. Usually surgery is performed by one surgeon without an assistant except in training programs where a resident or fellow may be present. Depending on the method of anesthesia a doctor to provide anesthesia may also be present as the surgery can be done with local anesthesia alone, with sedation administered by the surgeon or by an anesthesiologist or under general anesthesia by an anesthesiologist.
Usually one. A carpal tunnel release is a pretty straightforward procedure, so one surgeon is the norm. If your surgeon is part of an academic institution, it is possible that a resident or medical student may be present.
Two. Typically the surgeon and the anesthesiologist to monitor the patient and to ensure that they are comfortable.