I can't seem to put weight on my wrist (push up to surf). Do I have carpal fracture?

Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: Need xray

No way to tell for sure without an xray. See a doctor.

In brief: Need xray

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Richard Makowiec
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Need an xray

The only sure way to know if you have a fracture is to obtain an xray of your wrist.
Other causes can be ligament sprains, ganglion cysts, tendinitis. If it persists after rest, ice and maybe anti-inflammatory medicines, then best to have it evaluated by a physician.

In brief: Need an xray

Dr. Richard Makowiec
Dr. Richard Makowiec
Dr. Matthew Enna
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Perhaps

It is hard to know without examining your wrist and without x-rays.
Did you have a specific trauma to your wrist, or is this a chronic problem with no specific injury? If it is a chronic issue without antecedent trauma, a fracture is less likely though still possible. Either way, best to have it examined by a physician, as an undiagnosed bone fracture can have severe long term consequences.

In brief: Perhaps

Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Matthew Enna
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine