I use Xanax (alprazolam) since 8 month ago now I am traveling and i lost my pills, so a friend have clonazepam can I take a pill just 1 day until i get my xanax (alprazolam)?

Dr. Vikas Duvvuri

In brief: See below

The best solution is to review your medication use at a local urgent care, so you have a safe solution.
This is especially true if you have been regularly taking xanax (alprazolam) and have other medications and illnesses. Although Clonazepam is in the same medication class as xanax (alprazolam), it lasts much longer and the doses are not equivalent. So it is not a good idea for you to swap between the two using guesswork.

In brief: See below

Dr. Vikas Duvvuri
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Klonopin (clonazepam)

Both are anxiolytics, with Klonopin (clonazepam) having longer half-life.
Make sure u let your prescribing doc. Know of what u r doing.

In brief: Klonopin (clonazepam)

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali