How do I explain fibromyalgia to my family?

Fibromyalgia. Work with your doctor to ensure a fibromyalgia diagnosis. Fibromyalgia is a disorder of widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Additionally, fibromyalgia may increase painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals. Causes may be genetics, infection, or trauma. There may be a link to post-traumatic stress disorder.
Support groups. ? how to explain fibromyalgia (FM) to family. The paradox of FM is that there are no overt signs of disorder, no tests to substantiate, & sufferers' reports of symptoms have psychological qualities. As such, family members & friends oft sway to judgments of mental aberrancy. Direct them to FM support group sites where they can hear first hand the plaintiff descriptions of articulate sufferers. .