Im having cramps for 2 weeks and mild cramps on the left side on and off. My period is due 3 days away. I sleep a lot during day but sleepless at night?

Dr. Randall Bock
General Practice

In brief: Avoid naps

The cramps may or may not be due to the oncoming menses.
There are other causes for cramps including bowel-issues. If you are intending to get better continuity for sleep at night, you may have to avoid those daytime naps. You are not "tired enough" at night, having satisfied some of the sleep needs during the day. More daytime activities may get you through the afternoon lulls.

In brief: Avoid naps

Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: See your doctor

Having these types of symptoms can best be solved by having your doctor perform a thorough evaluation.
Only through this type of process can he/she discover what's going on and how best to help you.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham